This is a response to todays WiRE, the Christian devotional for busy men. Todays topic is Blessed to Bless
I've been blessed in so many ways, many of which I don't even realise yet. But here goes, a shameless list of ways I've been blessed. This isn't extensive, just the immediate thoughts that have come to mind while writing this.
- A family that loves and cares for me deeply, immediate and extended family. Given, not huge but each kind and caring.
- A group of friends who I can turn to about anything and can share life with.
- A best friend to start a business with, one that challenges me and cares about my character. Even if he isn't a brother in Christ yet!
- The opportunity to be part of a wonderful church that are serving the community in numerous ways.
- An amazing job that has furthered my chosen and assigned career.
- A good solid education. Not the best, but much much better than many.
- A small group at church of similar aged people that I have a lot to learn about and hopefully much to see.
I think I probably take many of these for granted a lot, especially my family at times. But to better solve that, it helps to be aware of what is a blessing.
What blessings do you have in your life? Have you gotten so used to some of those that you take them for granted now?
Subscribe to Elliot Blackburn
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox